Sunday, October 27, 2013

THE MADELEINE MCCANN'S ABDUCTION: A PERSONAL NOTE


EL RAPTO DE MADELEINE MCCANN: UNA NOTA PERSONAL

Three years ago a friend managed to interest me in the case of Madeleine. "It seems it was an accident, an overdose of sedatives, and the parents hid the corpse", she said. So I went on Internet to search for data, and found the files of the Polícia Judiciária, complete in its essential part .

Hace ya tres años una amiga logró interesarme en el caso de Madeleine. "Parece que fue un accidente, una sobredosis de sedantes, y los padres escondieron el cadáver", me dijo.  Así que me metí en Internet a buscar datos, y encontré el expediente de la Polícia Judiciária, completo en su parte fundamental.  

After reading the first 6 volumes of the files, I had a more or less clear idea of what had happened, and I told my friend: "Madeleine was abducted by a stranger, both for her parents and their vacation friends". She did not believe me. I finished reading all the files, and I said to myself: "My friend is wrong."

Luego de leer los primeros 6 volumenes del expediente, ya tenía una idea más o menos clara de lo que había pasado, y le comenté a mi amiga: "A Madeleine la secuestró un desconocido, tanto para los padres como para sus amigos de vacaciones". No me creyó. Terminé de leer todo el expediente, y me dije a mi mismo: "Mi amiga está equivocada". 

During that time I was not alone, especially I learned a lot from people like Jay Elles and Hael (and also from all the friends of Stop the Myths, and a few others). With the ideas already quite clear , and always reading the record of the PJ again and again, I went three times to Praia da Luz (26 days): I intended to know the physical and social environment where Madeleine was abducted (Google Maps helps a lot, but is not enough).

Durante ese tiempo no estuve sólo, en especial aprendí mucho de personas como Jay Elles y Hael (y también de todas las amigas y todos los amigos de Stop the Myths, y de algunas personas más). Con las ideas ya bastante claras, y siempre leyendo el expediente de la PJ una y otra vez, fui tres veces a Praia da Luz (26 días): mi intención era conocer el ambiente físico y el ambiente social donde Madeleine fue secuestrada (Google Maps ayuda mucho, pero no es suficiente).   

And then I did not have the slightest doubt, and when Andy Redwood with his team of Scotland Yard Operation Grange, and Helena Monteiro with PJ Porto team, began their reviews of the original files I was 100% sure they both would conclude which they concluded: "Madeleine was abducted by a stranger ".

Entonces ya no tuve la más mínima duda, y cuando Andy Redwood con su equipo Operation Grange de Scotland Yard, y Helena Monteiro con su equipo de la PJ Oporto, comenzaron sus respectivas revisiones del expediente original, estaba 100% seguro que llegarían a la conclusión que llegaron ambos: "Madeleine fue secuestrada por un desconocido". 

I was also 100 % sure that some people on the Internet would continue to deny the evidence, but they are generally people who have read little (or nothing) of the original files, and are limited to propagate ad nauseam inaccuracies from the tabloids, or one of the theories contained in the original file that had already been dismissed in 2008 by the same Procurador-geral da República de Portugal.

También estaba 100% seguro que alguna gente en Internet iba a seguir negando la evidencia, pero en general son personas que han leído poco (o nada) el expediente original, y se limitan a propagar ad nauseam las inexactitudes de la prensa sensacionalista, o una de las teorías que figuran en el expediente original y que ya había sido descartada en 2008 por el propio Procurador-geral da República de Portugal.

Now we have to wait for the results of the investigations of Scotland Yard and the Polícia Judiciária. There will be time later, when new data are known, to criticize (or not) their work. My hope is that soon know who was the abductor and where Madeleine is.

Ahora hay que esperar los resultados de las investigaciones de Scotland Yard y la Polícia Judiciária. Ya habrá tiempo después, cuando se conozcan los nuevos datos, de criticar (o no) su desempeño. Mi esperanza es que pronto sepamos quién fue el secuestrador y donde está Madeleine.


Did Christian Brückner commit a burglary 55 metres from 5A three months before Madeleine's abduction?

In his excellent book  "My search for Madeleine" , Jon Clarke reported that one of the SIM cards found in 2016 in Brückner's f...